We have to collaborate with other disciplines (mechanical/electrical/security/structural)
Every team use their own software for designing and documentation.
As principal Architect we have to co-ordinate with all other consultants and get their design model and documentation in our file for publishing.
In old days of CAD.. it used to simply get CAD from other guys place in as X-REF and publish as PDF or PRINTS
We can use same method in BIM if it its just pure publishing method.
Am sure we do not want that way..
we want to do model based collaboration so that we can have better design and documentation process.
Hence we need to get other Consultants model in our project.
But here it becomes little different!
We need to share model in IFC format! It’s a common file format which can be opened by every one and on any BIM SOFTWARE.
- How to send our model to MEP Consultant who are using REVIT? (Common question from them to us: CAN YOU SENT REVIT FILE?)
- How to send relevant data to consultant? (E.g.: What will electrical / structural consultant do with wall paint )
- once They complete their design model how to get that in ARCHICAD? (Common answer from consultants we don’t know other methods)
- Once consultants model comes inside our model can we edit / view information?
- how can i do clash detection?
- How can i publish it?
- How i can publish in BIMx?
Let’s discuss on above points together.
I will share process which we followed on which we can discuss!!